I am so proud of my two boys!! They had their first visit to the dentist today and did GREAT!!! I was a little worried about how they were going to act because of the way they acted in the waiting room, but I have to admit if I were 2 and 3 years old and in a boring waiting room I would act the same.
When they first went back they were able to pick out their new toothbrushes and toothpaste then the dental assistant had me read them a book about Dora going to the dentist. When the lady came back in the little room she had Parker sit in the chair (which he did without crying!) and brushed his teeth with his new toothbrush. He loved it! After that I about had a heart attack when he let them use the dental toothbrush (the one that the dentist uses to clean your teeth) to clean his teeth!
Luke did a great job too. I think the fact that Parker was such a great model was good for Luke. He sat in my lap and cried for about 30 seconds until they gave him a little mirror for him to look in while they brushed and counted his teeth. He was more interested in playing while he was there but let them do what they needed to do!
I could not be more proud of my kids on their first visit to the dentist!!
No comments:
Post a Comment